Saturday, February 21, 2015

Love-A-Thon Mini Challenge #2 - Book Valentines






This post is for the boys who make me want to never stop reading.



Chaol Westfall - Throne of Glass
Chaol, oh, Chaol. How I love thee beyond all else.Thank you for your unfailing loyalty and your steadfast character in the midst of evil. When ever I've been beaten down, I wish I had you right there on the sidelines, reaching out for me, telling me to "Get up." Thank you, and best of luck to you with Celaena, because if y'all don't love each other forever and ever I will never stop crying. 



Will Trombal - Saving Francesca / The Piper's Son
"We'll deal with it." Really? Will, how can you make those nondescript words sound like the most romantic things a man can say? And the hand in pocket scene? *OMG melts* And why do you have to have the name Will? Every one knows just that name alone makes me go weak at the knees. Why must you be perfect in your absurdly grumpy, straight forward, no bullshit way? And most important question of all - why aren't you real? And why aren't you mine?



Mal Oretsev - Shadow and Bone
I don't know what to say to you, Mal. You've come so far since the beginning of this tale, and yet you're exactly the same. You've always loved one person, and while it took you losing her to realize it, I admire everything you've done to make things right. You've stumbled, you've fallen, and then you rose with Alina and made me so in love with you I couldn't breathe. I hope I see you again, but if not... I think that's okay, too, because then I know you're happy. "I am become a blade." Be me blade, Mal, be my blade! (oh that sounds a little dirty *shrug*)



Liam Stewart - The Darkest Minds
I don't know if you even have a fault. Even your imperfections are endearing. I don't mean this in a patronizing way, but you are like a puppy - I just want to hug you forever. I love how resourceful you are, I love how supportive you are of your friends. I love your friendship with Chubs and squee so much over this bromance. And best of all, I love the way you treat Ruby, how you took her under your wing, never judged her, and then forgave her, because that is the truest sign of love. Nothing gets my heart going like a good forgiveness plot line.



Gansey, Adam, Ronan, and Noah, aka the Raven Boys - The Raven Cycle
Yep, all four of them. Because you can't love one without loving the others. I'd love to include Blue in this ode, but my headline does specifically say "boyfriends." You boys are something else. I feel this need to get on my knees and beg you to love me because being around you boys would make life a real adventure. You can do nothing and it still seems so much more exciting than when I do nothing. Please, enhance my nothing.



Who are your book boyfriends???


18 comments :

  1. This is great. The only one I recognize is Chaol. My book boyfriends are Josh, Prince Maxon, Sam, Finn and Warner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love how you wrote something to each of your valentines! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took forever! Couldn't think beyond iloveyouiloveyouiloveyou :P

      Delete
  3. This is really good! I love how you done a letter to each one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Twas difficult, but these guys are worth it! :)

      Delete
  4. I love all the effort you gave to each of these guys. I don't have any book boyfriends, so my Valentine is from one character to another. Hope you'll come see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely check yours out, that sounds so fun!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love this!!! I have only met Chaol out of all of these, but I definitely hope to meet Mal and Will very very soon! Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so wonderful! Also, there's absolutely no way to choose between the four Raven Boys, so I love that you didn't. Love it.
    Stefani @ Caught Read Handed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? They are the Raven Boys for a reason. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. This is wonderful! I LOVE Chaol. He is amazing! I also love the boys from The Raven Boys. But sadly I have only read the first book so far, (I think I'm going to binge read #2 & #3 next month!) Great valentines! I love them!
    Stephanie @ My Bookish Itinerary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My love for Chaol knows no bounds, and your love for the Raven Boys will only increase! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. I love your letter to Chaol, because let's face it - I'm obsessed with the man. He's definitely a most wonderful pick for a Valentine and I wouldn't mind having him on my side ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think "obsession" is a kind and gentle word in Chaol's case, hehehe :P

      Delete
  9. Hiii, I'm a new subscriber! :3

    Awww this post was beautiful!

    To my Aaron Warner, for making me see the beauty of words and feel the goosebumps under his gaze.
    To my Liam Stewart, for seeing even the faintest light in the darkness and turning it into a splendid roaring sun!
    To my Dean, for the best damn imaginary kiss without actually being imaginary kissed!

    Then there are Rowan from Heir of Fire, Jem from the Infernal Devices, and Cricket from Lola and the boy next door, and Morpheus from the Splintered series and I should stop now :P

    Ps. If you'd like to, stop by my blog and say hi <3

    Frannie @ In clouds of pages
    http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI! It's so great to meet you! I'm going to hop on over to your blog to continue this conversation! :D

      Delete