Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Losing At Love by Jennifer Iacopelli

(***This is book two in the series and therefore may contain spoilers, even in the summary. Read review for first book, Game.Set.Match.)

losing at love Losing At Love by Jennifer Iacopelli
Series: Outer Banks Tennis Academy #2
Released: February 24th 2015
Publisher: JCI Books
Source: bought/paperback

Goodreads | Amazon

Grass courts, tennis whites and the fiercest competition in the world. Wimbledon. After two crazy weeks in Paris, the girls of the Outer Banks Tennis Academy are headed to London with just one thing on their minds: winning.

Indiana Gaffney is fresh off a surprise win at the French Open junior tournament. Sponsors are clamoring for her attention, but what she wants more than anything—aside from a wild card to Wimbledon—is to be with Jack Harrison, but international fame and a secret relationship rarely mix well.

When Penny Harrison dreamed of playing at Wimbledon she never imagined agonizing pain shooting through her ankle with every step. With just a month until the tournament and the whole world expecting her to win, she’s determined to play, with or without the support of her coach or the love of her life, Alex Russell.

For the first time ever, no one expects anything from Jasmine Randazzo. After a crushing first-round defeat in the French Open juniors, the tennis world has given up on her, but worse than that, so have her parents, her best friend Teddy and maybe even her coach. With everyone writing her off, can she find it within herself to go after her dreams? (from Goodreads)

Now this is a story all about how my day got twist turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute just sitting right here to tell you how this book took all my plans and volleyed them far beyond my ability to care.

Huh. Well, that was slightly unexpected. Moving on.

It is true, though. I ordered Losing At Love, it arrived in the mail, and then all of my other plans for the day ceased to exist. I didn't mean it to be that way. I figured I'd split up my day into reading time, bouncing on trampoline time (my Lenten thing), and other stuff time. I started reading and the pages just flew right by, and I said to myself, "Alex, you will get to page 150 and put book down for a bit, do some bouncing, eat, perhaps read from the library book that's due back in a few days, and then maybe pick it up again before you go to bed."

Well, I got to page 150, and not long after that I was well into the 200s. And then it was dinner time. And then it was bedtime. And then I finished the book.

I WAS SO ABSORBED IN THESE CHARACTERS! Seriously, there better be another book because MORE! Want more! 

malfoy
neeeeeed

It was so easy to fall into step with Indy, Penny, and Jas again. They are such down-to-earth, real, fun characters. Personally, I tend to find it more difficult to feel invested in contemporary characters, as opposed to those in fantasy (hence my proclivity for fantasy), but I DO feel invested in these girls! I love their drive and ambition; their dreams and their realities. 

Most of all, I love how this series doesn't have everyone win in the end, and yet it maintains a steady flow of hope to fuel their drive to keep pushing forward no matter the obstacles. It's inspiring!

And then there is the romance. I love the romance arcs in Game.Set.Match, but ohmygaaaawd Losing At Love takes these girls and their beaus to another level. Alex and Jack in particular...
heart eyes emoticon

I strongly encourage reading this series. It's so much fun, you won't be disappointed!


No comments :

Post a Comment