Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Books On My Spring TBR List


I actually don't have all that many books PLANNED for this spring, aside from the books releasing and those that I'm reading for book club! It's been an oddly slow reading year for me so far, which feels... weird! I don't like it. MUST CHANGE!

Anyway, here are the books that I want to read most this spring, whether or not I actually do remains unseen.

forgedalannastart of me and youdream a little dream

Forged by Erin Bowman
This is one of the books on my most anticipated reads for 2015 list. It goes without saying that I will drop everything and read the moment the mailman comes with this particular parcel.

The Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce
So, I have never read a Tamora Pierce book *welcomes punishment*. And I will be meeting Tamora Pierce at the RT Booklovers Convention this spring, and I will be damned if I'm THAT PERSON who shows up in her line without reading at LEAST this quartet. 

The Start of Me and You by Emory Lord
I was thoroughly impressed with Emory Lord's debut novel, Open Road Summer, so... I need this book. 

Dream a Little Dream by Kerstin Gier
I loooooved Kerstin Gier's Ruby Red trilogy. First she gave me time travel, and now she gives me a book about dreaming. Why would I not read this the moment I get my greedy little hands on it? 

fill in boyfriendbook thiefguernsey literary

The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West
Kasie West is on two of my personal lists. 1) auto-buy/pre-order! and 2) binge read the moment book arrives in my hands.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I KNOW! WHY HAVE I NOT READ THIS YET? But after introducing YA into my book club last year with Jellicoe Road, we are now reading The Book Thief for April! I have no excuses, and I'm pretty sure I will never need more excuses to read more Zusak after. 

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
May book club book! I love my book club because we read a lot of books that I would never pick up for myself, and so far I have adored every book we've read. This one looks highly promising!

broken heartsburning skymosquitoland

Broken Hearts & Revenge books #1-2 by Katie Finn
I mean, the titles in this series are awesome. And I love myself a good summer revenge plot to get me ready for the coming season! 

The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
This book has been on my TBR list for a while, but I had the pleasure of meeting Sherry Thomas at the North Texas Teen Book Festival a couple weekends ago. She's hilarious and I love her, and hearing some of my favorite authors like Leigh Bardugo praise her ability to write romance like a boss only makes me want to read this book THAT MUCH MORE.

Mosquitoland by David Arnold
Gaby over on Bookish Broads said it was good, therefore I must read. AND I recently bought it, so there is absolutely no reason for not reading this ASAP!



What books are you looking forward to this spring???


6 comments :

  1. Great list! :)
    I really want to read The Fill-In Boyfriend as well! It sounds like it's going to be such a great contemporary. I haven't read Kasie West's other books, but I need to do that as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU MUUUUUUST! They are lovely and huggable.

      Delete
  2. Mosquitoland is definitely gonna be one of my next reads!
    Well, as soon as it comes in the mail... u.u

    Ps. I'm hosting a signed giveaway ;)
    http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.it/2015/03/chitchat-with-page-morgan-signed.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it comes soon!

      Ooooh, thanks for the heads-up!

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy The Book Thief when you get around to it, it's a beautiful book! I'd like to read Mosquitoland, too - I don't actually know if I've ever read a road trip book, so I need to change that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started it today and am loving it so far! Though I did see the movie when it first came out and I loved it, so this is not surprising :P

      Delete